Thursday, 14 June 2012

On My Cheeks: Illamasqua Cream Blush in Libido

Hey all,

I am on a bit of a cream blush crusade at the moment, and have developed a long wish list for when I finish my Project 50 Pan challenge. I always thought that cream blushes would never work for me; as I have quite oily skin, turning into an oil slick is a common concern. But, as soon as I started trying out more and more cream face products, I realised that they were just perfect! 

Definitely a new love. 

I picked Libido up in My Funny Valentine's blog sale for a steal of a price. I must admit that I had a moment after buying it where I thought that I was crazy - it is one hell of a bright blush. I promise you it is not as scary as it looks! 



What I Love 
- Gorgeous shade that is perfect for my darker skin. 
- Creamy and smoothes on like a dream. 
- Highly pigmented.
- Extremely blend able
- Love the packaging and the name as well! 

What I Don't
- Not a suitable shade for everyone
- It starts to melt quickly when temperatures rise (I do I've in scorching hot Brisbane though). 

Where to Buy: Myer 

Price: $42.00

Swatches 

Without Flash 


With Flash 


Blended



Not a shade for the porcelain skinned, or the faint of heart. It is definitely a gorgeous shade nonetheless, and has become one of my favourite brights. Who doesn't love a little red after all?

What is the brightest blush that you own? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

28 comments:

  1. It loots great once it's blended :)

    Nafisah xo

    www.bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It tones it down a lot! xx

      Delete
  2. I am totally in love with cream blush. I prefer it over powder blush. I apply mine with my beauty blender and it makes it blend in much better than a brush. My brightest blush is Illamasqua Rude- it's a coral cream blush but quite pigmented.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely beginning to love them more than powder blushes as well! I haven't thought about applying with a beauty blender - I use a stippling brush or my fingers! xx

      Delete
  3. i have not tried cream blush yet .. but i think i should try one now...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I am sure that you will fall in love! xx

      Delete
  4. I love cream blushes so much and this one looks amazing! I actually love the bold orange colour! I really wish that illamasqua was more readily available where I live, but I have never seen anything in stores here!

    Courtney from Strawberree Swing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the brightness of this brush is lovely! I think you can buy it online? :) xx

      Delete
  5. WOW your brave! lol Im sure it looks great on you but I wouldnt have the same luck!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as scary as it looks in the pan! Haha! xx

      Delete
  6. oooh weee that is a bright blush, you weren't joking! I couldn't pull it off, but it looks fabulous blended in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is most definitely bright! Definitely a lot easier to handle when blended properly as well!

      Delete
  7. That is the prettiest thing I have ever seen in my life.
    I looovvee your blog btw, I followed :)

    Check my blog and follow back if you like it :)
    http://traintostyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Glad that you like it - will check yours out! xx

      Delete
  8. Wow! What a gorgeous colour! I don't think I would have the courage to wear it since I am so pale that I would look like a clown haha! Looks so pigmented that it will last quite a while :)
    My brightest blush is Nars Orgasm - hmmmm I think I need to be more adventurous with my makeup lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sure if you blended it properly, it would look great! It is definitely long lasting as well! xx

      Delete
  9. That is a beautiful color that I could never wear! I bet it looks great on you though and you have left me very interested in cream blushes now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - definitely not a blush for everyone! Cream blushes are gorgeous, and so versatile as well! xx

      Delete
  10. beautiful blush !!! <3
    dear what about to follow each other? :)
    xx
    Veronica
    http://in-the-jungle-of-fashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and great blog, I just followed. Check out my blog if you get a chance, thanks wwww.sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.ca

    have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you like the blog! :) Will check yours out! xx

      Delete
  12. This looks gorgeous! :D I'm so tempted to buy it for myself, but I'd hate if it melted :( I guess that's one downside about cream products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look great on you! It doesn't melt too badly - so don't let that put you off too much! xx

      Delete
  13. it looks nice once its blended..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! A lot easier to wear as well!

      Delete
  14. Haha, definitely not for porcelain-skinned! Gorgeous though. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your blog. Very bright in the pan but like the look blended in. I bought my first cream blush illamasqua seduce. I ordered on myeronline and it was only 25 and free shipping:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx