Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Australis Nudist Palette - Review + Swatches

Hey all, 

Although I love my brighter shades, I have to admit that I am a sucker for a neutral/natural eye. I am a big 'bright lip' girl and nude eyes work a treat for toning down a bright lip shade. Also, you can pair them with anything and wear them to any event.

Three cheers for versatility! 

I saw this palette on Sweetaholic Beauty a while ago, and just had to run out and find it. I am very glad that I did! 


Shades
8 gorgeous neutral shades, ranging from light to dark. All shades have slight shimmer. 

A closer look at the shades from left-right. 



What I Love
- Such a versatile palette, with a great range of neutral shades. 
- Highly pigmented shadows. 
- Creamy, smooth and easy to apply. 
- Long lasting, especially when paired with a primer. 
- Compact, stylish packaging. 
- Great price!

What I Don't
- Doesn't contain any matte shades - wish it had at least one or two. 
- It was pretty hard for me to track down, and I am pretty sure that it is limited edition. 

Where to Buy: Target, K-mart, Big W and Priceline. 

Price: I am pretty sure it was $12, correct me if I am wrong! 

Swatches 

Without Flash 


With Flash


This is definitely a palette that I have been reaching for a lot lately! I love the combination of shades, even though there aren't any mattes; and have found that it's easy to create plenty of looks with a palette this versatile. 

Universally flattering, and all up a wonderful drugstore neutral palette! 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

23 comments:

  1. Love that middle mushroom-y colour. Not sold on the rest though. s:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww :( Not your type of shades? I love it, haha! xx

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for this palette everywhere! It is obviously very highly sought after and I can see why. I am also a sucker for bold lips and am constantly after great nude palettes.

    I will keep perusing the isles of my local Australis retailers and fingers crossed I will get my paws on it :)

    Thanks for a great review, I think my favourite is the third from the right.

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i found it in Target, if that helps at all - haha! Hope you find it! Glad you liked the review! xx

      Delete
  3. Nice post! (And thanks for the shout-out!) My Target has HEAPS of them still, so if you any lovely ladies want some, head to my Target :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely palette, it has all the colours I love to wear! I'm going to have to try track this one down as I haven't seen it at any of my local stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely gorgeous, worth tracking down! Let me know if you find it! xx

      Delete
  5. hi hun great review i love the colors and it is affordable. Found you through blog hop. im a new follower. hope you can check out my blog...
    http://antique-purple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you liked the review!
      Will check your blog out now! xx

      Delete
  6. nice review and pretty palette ..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice palette! Glad that you liked the review! xx

      Delete
  7. beautiful palette!

    southernglamourista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this palette! The nudes are beautiful ! :)

    littlemissmakeupblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I definitely think that this palette surpasses the PF one! xx

      Delete
  9. Nice neutral and polished palette! Love them for summers! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Win $40 giftcard from Reecn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has some gorgeous nudes! I am having a great day, thanks! xx

      Delete
  10. I was hoping to get this once I am back in Oz!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It is so lovely!! xx

      Delete
  11. Hey Lovely,

    Great review!

    Just thought i'd let you know that its limited edition and only avaliable from Target!

    Sam x

    www.samanthasmith.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx