Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Australis Double Decker Eyeshadows - Review + Swatches

Hey all, 

Before I picked these Double Decker shadow's up, I had often seen them at Priceline and thought that they looked like a bundle of fun! I get a big kick out of novelty of any sort, and these definitely piqued my interest. What are they? They are eyeshadow duos with both a metallic cream shadow and a loose powder - all in one little compact!

Did they live up to my excited little expectations? Yes, they did!


The Shades
I picked up three gorgeous shades. All the shades have shimmer. 

Supernova Casanova - A gorgeous, deep-brown metallic. 
Greenhouse Effect - A deep olive green.
Give Me Some Space - Deep, dark purple. 

What I Love 
- Packed full of pigment. 
- Gorgeous  multi-dimensional shades to suit everyone. 
- The novelty is a bundle of fun! 
- Handy compact. 
- Long lasting when set with the loose powder.
- Very reasonably priced! 

What I Don't 
- The loose powder section of the compact can get quite messy. 
- The cream shadow cannot really be used by itself. 

Where to Buy: Priceline, Big W, K-Mart and Target

Price: $9.95

Swatches 

Metallic Cream Base Shadow 

Without Flash 


With Flash 


Loose Powder On Top
They absolutely transform when you apply the loose shadow on top, just like magic! I have placed a little dot of the loose powder by itself above each swatch. 

Without Flash 


With Flash


How pretty are they? I have been creating a lot of metallic eye looks lately and will definitely head out to buy the rest of these babies. Like I mentioned before, you can only see their true beauty when you use the cream shadow and loose powder together - so if you are looking for standalone products, these may not be for you. 

Have you been enjoying metallics? Have you tried these? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx


15 comments:

  1. I've made a review on give me some space. I should've placed some powder on top of the cream! For me I found that I can double the cream eyeshadow as a gel liner which perfectly works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I didn't think of using it as a gel eyeliner! Wonderful idea, will have to try it! xx

      Delete
  2. These look so interesting! I don't think I can handle the loose powder, but they're still great! Definitely something to look into next time I'm at the shops. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really interesting! I love the way that the loose powder transforms them.
      Let me know if you end up grabbing any! xx

      Delete
  3. These look really nice, love the look of the purple one in particular! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple is absolutely gorgeous, definitely my favourite. Purple is my favourite colour though...Haha. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi,nice blog.
    I wonder if you would like to follow each other : ).

    http://www.glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

    Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Will check out your blog. xx

      Delete
  5. beautiful colors dear..:) i love the golden and purple color..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUch pretty colours! I love the purple the most I think! xx

      Delete
  6. amazing!! so COOL!

    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello,nice blog.please follow me and i follow you back.http://pictura-pe-unghii.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Will check yours out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! Loving the purple shade!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx