Friday, 11 May 2012

On My Lips: MAC Reel Sexy - Heroine and Watch Me Simmer

Hey all, 

As I'm sure a lot of you were, I was super excited for the MAC Reel Sexy collection to hit Australia shores. Since we get everything a little bit later than the US, it always gives me time to look at swatches and reviews...and fall in love with everything! 

All of the lipsticks in the Reel Sexy collection looked divine, so the day that they were released here I ran out and picked up the two I thought would work best with my skin tone - Heroine and Watch Me Simmer.


Heroine & Watch Me Simmer
The Shades
- Heroine - a gorgeous magenta purple that is almost completely matte, it just has a hint of shine to it. 
- Watch Me Simmer - a bright coral with a hint of pink. 

What I Love 
- Highly pigmented and creamy, like most MAC shades.
- Such gorgeous shades. 
- Wear around 4-5 hours on me. 
- Fade evenly. 

Where to Buy: Online, Myer, David Jones

Price: $36.00

Swatches

Without Flash 


With Flash 


On My Lips 

In Natural Light

Heroine
Watch Me Simmer
I think that these colours are absolutely stunning; so glad that I grabbed them. I'm also starting to think that I will go back and get Reel Sexy as well, I didn't think I wanted it at first - but it has grown on me! 

What are your favourite items/shades from the Reel Sexy collection? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

29 comments:

  1. Wow, that Heroine is a scary colour but you manage to pull it off really well.
    Watch me Simmer is such a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it! I'm definitely a sucker for the crazy shades though! xx

      Delete
  2. hey Sharleena, you have pulled off both the colors fabulously..
    found you through blog hop.. following you. hope you will follow back.:)

    Indianbeautyforever.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I will definitely check out your blog!

      Sharleena xx
      markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  3. i want the last lipstick!!! so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch Me Simmer is stunning! I may have to make a mad dash for it after work... :S


    Courtney from Strawberree Swing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely one of my new faves - so flattering! Did you end up getting it? xx

      Delete
  5. Crazy colors! I love how you can pull of the purple. I would be completely afraid of it haha


    http://dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! The key is to not be afraid ;) xx

      Delete
  6. I love Watch me Simmer! I highly doubt I could pull off heroine though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be pleasantly surprised, haha! Should give it a try ;) xx

      Delete
  7. I love the purple lipstick!! have been wanting to get something like that!!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous purple! You should definitely grab it! xx

      Delete
  8. Both are beautiful but Watch Me Simmer is gorge! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and it definitely is! Heroine has to be my fave though, but purple is my favourite colour - so I may be a bit biased! xx

      Delete
  9. oh my goodness, i don't know if i could EVER pull off a purple lipstick! i'm typically a nude-ish or red lipstick type of gal. the craziest i'll ever go is tangerine, ha ha! but it looks lovely on you my dear :)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that you could - should try it out one day! ;) Thank you for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  10. Love tha last nuances!!! Nice sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i simply adore these colors for lipstick!
    and Mac as well,
    purple and pink are so energetic colors!
    the design of is blog is so cute!

    i follow you! i adore aussie fashion stlye!
    hope you'll follow me back;))
    kisses from italy,
    amy
    blog: THE FASHIONAMY-http://thefashionamy.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked the post and the blog! Will definitely check yours out! xx

      Delete
  12. Heroine looks gorgeous on you... but I don't think I'm game enough to wear it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love, I'm sure you would look great! ;) xx

      Delete
  13. Hi, I checked your blog, it's lovely. I am now following your blog.

    Please spare time to check out our newly launched TTC/Parenting forums blog below and return the favour by following us.

    Join us ---> Pregnancy Forum

    Pregnancy Forum Blog ---> Pregnancy Forum

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors look great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! They looked great on you too! xx

      Delete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx