Wednesday, 30 May 2012

On My Cheeks: MAC Blush in Ambering Rose

Hey all, 

A while ago I never used to play with blushes much. As soon as I started though, I couldn't stop. A blush can change your whole look, and of course, help to create a healthy and radiant complexion (who doesn't want that?!). No one can go past MAC blushes - they have such a large range, and Ambering Rose is one of the first ones that I picked up. 

I have replaced it a few times since then! 


Shade: Terracotta bronze with flecks of gold shimmer. 

Finish: Sheertone Shimmer 

What I Love
- A great shade that can work for all skin tones, it definitely looks gorgeous on darker skin though!
- Smooth and even finish. 
- Long lasting and fades evenly. 
- Highly pigmented. 
- Adds shimmer without being overpowering. 

Where to Buy: David Jones, Myer and Online

Price: $41.00 AUD 

Swatch


Blended


This is definitely one of my staples, and I especially enjoy bringing it out to play in the colder months. Although it may look slightly scary in the pan, it definitely blends well for a gorgeous finish! Good work MAC, good work. 

Have you tried Ambering Rose? What is your favourite MAC Blush at the moment?

Hope you all have a great night! xx

23 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! I've never tried any MAC blushes. I'm always a little wary with blushers since some are way too bright and pink for me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that most MAC blushes are great quality! This one blends out really well, so it may just work for you. I do recommend Well Dressed as well :) xx

      Delete
  2. Not a fan of blushes but this looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! What is it that you don't like about blushes? xx

      Delete
  3. I love peachy keen, it is my go-to MAC blush! I am trying to branch out and try new brands and shades though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I haven't tried Peachy Keen yet! Sleek and Nars both have some great blushes that you should check out! xx

      Delete
  4. This is a really pretty shade! I don't have much of a blush collection myself but I'm thinking its time to expand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always time for expansion!! xx

      Delete
  5. Love the shade and sheen....Great product !!

    Check out my new post...
    ❤ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great blush!! Thanks for stopping by. xx

      Delete
  6. This shade looks good on your skin tone! I love MAC products! Using their rose shade blush and loving it! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    PS. New post is up on my blog. Check it out whenever you have time!
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww, thank you - too kind! I don't think I have tried the rose shade! xx

      Delete
  7. This shade is so pretty! I've tried this aswell and that's my favourite besides "her blooming cheek" and I think it'd suit your skin tone perfectly! Def try this out;)


    http://zxcvbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Her Blooming Cheek as well! Great picks! xx

      Delete
  8. Huh... I was expecting a rose shade lol. It looks really lovely nevertheless! I need to try this one out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, isn't it odd how they name some products?! Would look great on your skin tone! xx

      Delete
  9. I love blushes.. erm, d'uh, blushfully.. hahaha ok anyway.. I love MAC Cantaloupe (pro only shade, I had to get it online) and been on and off it, but everytime I use it, I realise how much I always love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, of course! I haven't seen Cantaloupe, but will definitely have to check it out now! xx

      Delete
  10. I want to rub this all over my cheeks. Beautiful. (It kind of reminds me of BYS Coral).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I'm sure it would look fabulous on you too! I need to try BYS Coral too! xx

      Delete
  11. I looove MAC blushes! They are amazing. This color is so pretty too~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I think that they are great quality! Such a gorgeous colour! xx

      Delete
  12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!! I have just been talking about how I have so much stuff that I NEVER use and I need to get rid of it and use it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx