Tuesday, 1 May 2012

NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Tropical/Yellow/Lime Green

Hey all, 

Although I am absolutely in love with neutral, natural looking eyes, sometimes I just want to brighten things up a little! Recently this has been my go-to trio when I have wanted a little bit more colour in my routine. 

NYX has some wonderful trio's that are both of high quality and affordable. This trio contains the shades Tropical, Yellow and Lime Green -  and it definitely has a summery feel to it! 

Tropical, Yellow and Lime Green (sorry for the product fallout!)
What I Love 
- Highly pigmented - extremely vibrant shades. 
- Great combination of shades, a very well put together palette.
- Smooth and creamy. 
- Long lasting.
- Affordable. 
- Sleek, simple packaging. 

What I Don't 
- A lot of product fallout in the palette, as you could see in the picture above. 
- Harder to find in Australia. 

Where to Buy: Crush Cosmetics, Groove. 

Price: $16.99

Swatches

Without Flash

Lime Green, Yellow & Tropical.
With Flash 


Although this palette isn't very wintery, I have never been one to follow trends to the key and am still using this palette although it is getting a bit cooler. It's a great palette that you can get a variety of looks with. Personally I like using the Lime Green on the lids, Tropical in the crease and Yellow blended above the crease. 

Do you like brighter, more fun shades? Or do you prefer to stick to neutrals? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

23 comments:

  1. I am in love with that, added to my wishlist haha! When you say it's available at Groove, do you mean Groove Accessories with all the cheaper jewellery and bags and makeup? If so, I'm happy because one of those is close to me and I had NO idea they sold NYX! :)
    Thanks for sharing!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is very pretty!! And yes, Groove Accessories - they sell a range of NYX products! It was a bit of a shock to me too, haha.

      Glad you liked the post! xx

      Delete
    2. Oh yay I'm so happy! I can't wait to go in and see :D Thanks you sooo much for sharing that very valuable info haha :P
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love NYX products :) and these colors are pretty especially for spring/summer :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their products are of such amazing quality! And you're right, they are fab spring/summer shades! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the neutrals too but when I do use brights I usually wet eyeshadow for the most intense look right along my lash line on top! NYX is the mother of all drug store brands right now, have you tried the eyeshadow primer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely love a good wet or foiled look! NYX is amazing!
      Are you talking about their HD primer? I haven't tried it yet, but have heard so many great things! xx

      Delete
  4. This trio is beautiful, id defiantly pick it up, unfortunately the only place that carries NYX is quite far away. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That is sad to hear - it really is pretty! xx

      Delete
  5. Wow what gorgeous colours, and great swatches too :) Love it.
    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh these are really nice!!! I love them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a super gorgeous trio! I reckon it would look great on you ;) xx

      Delete
  7. Pretty shades - We are going into Autumn winter in Australia so it is quite depressing :( boo!

    I found your blog through Blog Hop - Come by and say hi!

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know - I'm in Australia as well! Brisbane actually, so at least it doesn't get TOO cold here. I just thought that this was a pretty palette, regardless of the season!

      Will drop by! xx

      Delete
    2. Helllo there! Sorry i must have lost my brain yesterday - I already know you are in Australia! They are definitely pretty shades, I never listen to the season :P

      Delete
  8. oh, these colors are gorgeous! i especially love the yellow and green :) New Follower! Can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green is definitely my favourite, so vibrant! Welcome to the blog & I am so glad that you like it! xx

      Delete
  9. These colours are gorgeous! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shades! BTW, You have a lovely blog! Came here via 'blog love therapy' blog-hop and now following! I'd appreciate if you please check out my blog and follow back!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad that you like the blog. I will definitely have a look at yours! xx

      Delete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx