Tuesday, 8 May 2012

L'Oréal Lumi Magique Foundation Review

Hey all, 

I'm a sucker for trying new foundations, and can rarely walk past them when I am shopping. I won't lie, I am continuously on the hunt for products that give me perfect, luminous skin; so this L'Oréal Lumi Magique Foundation definitely caught my eye. Apparently it is infused with Liquid Light Technology, whatever that means. 

Despite the doubts I had about the 'Liquid Light Technology', this foundation had both Lumi and Magique in its title...how could I go past that? I am definitely a marketers dream! 

I've been using this foundation or around 2 weeks now, and although I am not sure if it is 'magical', I do love it! 


What L'Oréal Says 
- Innovation: new Liquid Light Technology infuses skin with a ray of light, illuminating your complexion as if lit-from-within. The radiance of your skin seems recreated. Perfect coverage, without masking. 

Is it just me, or do foundation descriptions always sound like excerpts from romance novels?! 

My Shade: W6 Gold Camel 

What I Love 
- Medium buildable coverage. 
- Evens out skin tone and hides imperfections 
- Blends into skin seamlessly to create a second-skin look. 
- Boosts radiance levels. 
- Luminous finish. 
- Relatively long lasting, especially when set with powder. 
- Large range of shades available. 
- The packing is pretttttyyy! Haha. It also has a pump bottle, which is very handy! 

What I Don't 
- No SPF - although this isn't a problem for me as I wear a sunscreen over my moisturiser. 
- Glass bottle that is not floor friendly. 
- Not the cheapest drugstore foundation. 

Price: $33.95

Swatches 

Unblended 


Blended


On My Skin



I definitely love this foundation and L'Oréal is right, it does create a radiant complexion as if 'lit-from-within'. I have been picking it up almost every morning for my face routine and just feel as though it works perfectly for me! 

Now I really want to try the primer! 

Have you tried any of the L'Oréal Lumi Magique products? Are you going to? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

36 comments:

  1. It looks so nice on your skin! Would you recommend this for dry skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely work on dry skin, as it isn't drying. I would recommend using a primer first though! xx

      Delete
  2. looks gorgeous on you!! I have often looked at this, but I am having a snobby "I don't want to pay so much for Loreal and Revlon" moment so I only buy their stuff when it is on sale. Stupid and silly, I know. I am going to have to check it out more closely though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I definitely get like that too! Hopefully good ol Priceline has a sale soon! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this review. I had seen this taunting me on the shelves and thought the description was very appealing (although yes, the marketing is slightly OTT...), so it's great to see that it is good foundation.

    Now, to find a Priceline that's open on a Tuesday night...

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems! I really do like this one, so definitely grab it - haha! And the marketing is kind of OTT, but how else would we be entertained? Haha! xx

      Delete
  4. Looks really lovely on you, gives you a nice luminous finish but also good coverage :) Your skin looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a nice foundation! One of my most loved of recent. Thanks love! xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this detailed review! This foundation looks lovely on you :D

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad that you liked it! xx

      Delete
  6. This looks gorgeous on you! Sounds like a great foundation :) I actually think that its a "pro" that there is no sunscreen in the foundation! It seems like every foundation has sunscreen in it these days!

    xo Courtney

    http://www.strawberreeswing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I really do think it's pretty good! And you are right there, they all do seem to - not so good with flash photography! xx

      Delete
  7. I love the way this looks! I'm so glad you shared it. I received two sample cards of the primer in my Target Beauty Bag! I will have to try it now. The price is a little crazy for no spf though. Thanks for the review!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have to let me know what the primer is like, I really want to try it! And all drugstore prices in Aus tend to be on the pricey side :( xx

      Delete
  8. Flawless! I'd love to try this x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous! sounds like a great foundation! I never wear foundation- is that weird? I just wear concealer as needed, a BB cream and pressed powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!! That's not weird, great that you have the skin and feel comfortable enough to do that!! xx

      Delete
  10. Glad you reviewed this, I always like to try new foundations! Found you via the blog hop :) xx

    http://beautybyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you liked reading it! Will check your blog out! xx

      Delete
  11. Great review!!! Now you make me wanna try it :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so gorgeous hun! I want to try this now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, after my heart! You should, and let me know what you think! xx

      Delete
  13. This look pretty dang amazing, I love the texture this has. Nice swatches :)

    Found your blog on Blog Love Therapy, Stop by mine sometime :)


    http://dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Will stop by your blog and say hi! xx

      Delete
  14. Oh wow, this looks gorgeous!! I'm always scared of trying drugstore foundations because as a teenager a couple of drugstore concealer/foundations broke my skin out BADLY (*ahem* L'oreal True Match, I'm looking at you...)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! So sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I can definitely recommend this one though! xx

      Delete
  15. This foundation looks amazing on you, I picked up a bottle when it was on sale a while back but I am yet to try it. Beautiful coverage and finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely let me know what you think when you do try it! xx

      Delete
  16. Oh my word this looks gorgeous on you!! Have you done a post on the products you use on your skin? I think you should if you haven't already.. Not sure if it's just the foundation but your skin glowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks so great on you! Makes you look absolutely flawless and beautiful :)
    Wish it was a bit cheaper though :(
    Have you tried L'oreal tru match foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you heaps for this review.It was heaps helpful.. i was just wondering what mac foundation do you use cuz im slightly darker than you i think?

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks amazing on you. I think you may have convinced me to purchase it for myself. Such a helpful review.

    ReplyDelete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx