Thursday, 10 May 2012

I Went To The Zoo!

Hey all, 

I am a big animal lover, some may even call me a crazy cat lady! So when the boyfriend and I decided to go to the zoo, I was the happiest little thing around! For reasons unknown to me, I hadn't been to the zoo since I was a child; and it's safe to say that I was bouncier than most the actual children there. 

The boyfriend packed bouncing me into the front seat and we head off to Australia Zoo. We ended up seeing all of the animals there, and I took a lot of pictures - so I thought that I would share some! 

Warning: The following pictures contain adorable creatures. 

They sleep together in a little bundle - how adorable! 
Time for noms!


I have recently developed an obsession with otters, so seeing these little guys was an absolute treat! 
Felt so soft! A lot softer than expected! 

They sleep 18-20 hours a day, so I was happy I caught one awake - haha! 



These little hoppers were so friendly! 

The Red Panda's were absolutely gorgeous, and so playful! 



The gorgeous elephant girls were such a treat to see! And I got to feed one a couple of pieces of fruit as well! 




Now, all hail the tiger queen! 

Absolutely regal!  
Aren't her marking beautiful?!

We took a walk to the new Africa area, which is currently in Stage 1 or 3 of opening! 



It was such a wonderful day, and the best thing for me was seeing that the keeper and zoo care so much about the health, safety and happiness of the animals. It is all about them after all! 

Have you been to the zoo recently? Which one is your fave? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aren't they the cutest? And so cheeky too! xx

      Delete
  2. The zebras are absolutely amazing! So gorgeous and what a great day to visit the zoo. Everytime I go it rains and then it SMELLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so pretty, such great marking! It was such a great day!
      Oh no, hopefully you will get a good opportunity! xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great day,you took some lovely pictures! :) I adore animals so it's weird now that I think of it I was never actually at the Zoo before,will defiantly have to make a day out of it during the summer :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a wonderful day! You will have to go, and share pictures of course - hehe! xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had fun, I love going to the zoo! I haven't been in ages though, I last went on a trip with college. My local zoo is all monkeys now, they got rid of all the tigers and lions. :( I'd love to go to a bigger one.

    The Red Pandas are some of my favourites, they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such great fun, you should definitely make a trip to a big one!!

      They were so cute, cheeky and playful! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my god, a koala!!! Waaaaaa. I want to see one too.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so cute! So many of them at Australia zoo! xx

      Delete
  6. Awwww - the red panda is so flipping adorable! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx