Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Benefit Erase Paste - Review + Swatches

Hey all,

I do love me a good salmon toned, full coverage concealer. I have been cursed with genetic dark under-eye circles, that nothing will budge (thanks mum!) - so covering them is the only way that I can stop looking like a zombie. 

I first tried out Benefit Erase Paste when I was 16 (they made it back then?!), in preparation for my semi-formal (or prom) and it has been a staple in my makeup collection since then. My shade is Deep. 



What I Love 
- Salmon toned to correct darkness (purple and green shades).
- Full coverage.
- Cream concealer that smoothes on easily. 
- Great staying power. 
- Adorable packaging

What I Don't
- Settles into creases and fine lines if not set. 
- Has to be blended thoroughly, as it is quite thick. 
- Have to use a foundation over the top as it is salmon toned. 


Shades Available: Light, Medium and Deep


Where to Buy: Myer


Price: $47.00

Swatches

Now, I didn't think that the world was ready to see my under eye circles...
So I swatched it over a vein instead!

Green Vein. 
No green-ness to be seen anywhere!
As you may be able to tell, it definitely has similarities to Bobbi Brown correctors. Which one is better? I'm sorry, but I couldn't tell you. I love each of these products for their own reasons. Erase Paste seems to work differently and can also be used to cover up other imperfections. Bobbi Brown correctors seem to last longer, but crease more.

Saying this, I definitely recommend that you give both a try to see what will work best for you!

Hope you all have a great night! 






31 comments:

  1. I don't know why but this really doesn't work for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Have you tried Bobbi Brown Correctors? Do they work? xx

      Delete
  2. I've been looking at the Erase Paste so thank you for this review!

    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!! Hope that it helps! xx

      Delete
  3. I have this in Medium 2 and it's awesome. I don't give it enough love though.

    http://www.justplaindelirious.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just?! I am a bit like that with it sometimes, than I remember how wonderful it is - haha! xx

      Delete
  4. This looks interesting! I'm currently using a concealer by MAC I'd definitely check this out. I have very blue areas under my eyes that I find difficult to cover up sometimes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product - would definitely help conceal those clue areas! Which MAC concealer are you using atm? x

      Delete
    2. I'm using the studio finish one. It's very good but it's a little drying so I only apply it under my eyes. x

      Delete
    3. Ooh I do love that concealer! You should try the MAC Select Moisturecover for the rest of your face! xx

      Delete
  5. I may have to try this, I'm a Bobbi Brown Correct & Conceal junkie, but have just run out, so maybe a change is in order.... :D

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Let me know what you think! xx

      Delete
  6. Great review! I really enjoyed reading this and it has pretty much helped make up my mind about whether to buy this product :) thank you for posting such a helpful review
    <3 your newest follower :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are welcome & far too kind!! I am glad that it helped! xx

      Delete
  7. I have been looking at this product for a few months now. I don't like the limited shade choices- why only three? is it extremely adaptable? I also don't like that it comes in a pot rather than a tube. I am using Mary Kay concealer and it works pretty well, maybe I should just stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the shade range is quite limited. It is adaptable, but still may need to be worn with foundation to get it right! They do give you a little spatula with the tub, so you can scoop it out!
      Which Mary Kay concealer are you using? xx

      Delete
    2. Also, will check out your giveaway!

      Delete
  8. Wow, this does look really nice, and don't worry I have the undereye circles too :) I really like this post and I'm definitely. Great shade, I need to try this!

    xoDale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked the post love! It is quite a lovely product, let me know what you think if you try it! xx

      Delete
  9. I love salmon toned concealers. Unfortunately, they're more expensive so I just put a matte salmon cream eyeshadow on my dark circles and put my regular concealer over top xoxo
    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I've never thought of using a salmon eyeshadow - what a great idea!! x

      Delete
  10. Ah, this reminds me I need to buy a new pot of this. While I can see it's a con that this creases and settles into lines if it's not set, I've found the creaminess that causes this is what makes it workable over blemishes unlike hordes of dry concealers that go caky. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, no caking to be seen - haha!! The creasing is definitely easy to work around. xx

      Delete
  11. I love this one for under eyes, but I also work it into my nose pores if they are looking extra huge! I have a teeny tub from my Confessions of a Concealaholic kit, so will stock up on a full size when I head to the US in a few months. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried it over my nose pores! I will have to now, after your recommendation! How long are you heading to the US for? xx

      Delete
    2. Just 10 days in Hawaii. I'm taking an empty suitcase to fill at Sephora ;)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the review! I'll def have to give this a try xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx