Thursday, 12 April 2012

NYX Blush in Mauve - Review + Swatches

Hey all, 

I am a big blush girl, it is one of my favourite type of products to buy and try out; and I feel like a good blush can add a lil something to any look. This being the case, I have definitely tried out a lot of them and have developed a little bit of a collection. 

NYX blushes have always been a stand-out product for me, and I own most of them. Mauve is definitely one of my favourites though, and was the first blush I would pick up when doing my makeup for a long time. It is the perfect muted rosy-pink for me. 


What I Love 
- Highly pigmented. 
- Applies smoothly and doesn't have a chalky finish. 
- Blends well. 
- Wears off evenly. 
- Cheap! 

What I Don't 
- It may not work for all skin tones, swatch before you buy! 
- Harder to find in Australia, I bought mine from Crush Cosmetics

Where to Buy: Crush Cosmetics, Groove Stores, porkdaisy on eBay. 

Price: $11.15 on Crush Cosmetics. 

Swatches 

No Flash 


With Flash 


This is a great shade if you're looking for a muted pink that will add colour without standing out too much. 

I recommend all NYX blushes and even if this one isn't the right shade for you, check the others out! 

What is your favourite muted pink blush? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx


16 comments:

  1. Great post! I've never tried NYX before but I am going to need a new blush soon so I might try out one of theirs :) I found you on the blog hope & not I'm following you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the blog hop such a wonderful idea? The blushes are really great, so definitely try one out! Let me know what you think! xxx

      Delete
  2. gorgeous blog! I am a new follower! found you on bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad you like it! Isn't bloghop great?! xx

      Delete
  3. What a pretty blog:) Got here through the blog hop, now following you on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by & I am so glad that you like it! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, how have I only just found your blog? It's lovely. Onto the blush-talk: I have and absolutely love NYX Peach blush. You've made me want to branch out and try some others. As for my favourite muted pink, well, that would have to be MAC Well Dressed. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely glad that you found it! :) NYX Peach is another one of my favourites and MAC Well Dressed is absolutely gorgeous as well! Lovely choices!

      Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  5. That is a gorgeous shade! I might have to get that, im still hunting for the perfect pink blush :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out! Just remember to swatch it before you purchase; it doesn't work for everyone. xx

      Delete
  6. What a pretty color! I have yet to dip my toes into NYX blush line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do! Such gorgeous, wallet friendly blushes! xx

      Delete
  7. HI! Just blog-hopping by! I've never tried NYX blushes before so your review was really helpful! I'm going to have to run out and swatch some...knowing me, I'd just buy what's pretty and it'd probably end up looking awful on me! LOL.

    If you get the chance, please feel free to stop by my blog and check it out! http://diaryofaclosetgamer.blogspot.com (Beauty and the Gamer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really gorgeous blushes, I'm sure you will find plenty that suit you!

      Will check out your blog now! xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous blush colors. Over in Canada, NYX is relatively easy to find and will definitely go swatch some. Thanks for recommending.

    New follower of you. Found your blog through Blog-Hop. Come to my blog when you have a chance.

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish NYX was more readily available here, it would make things so much easier!
      Isn't the blog hop wonderful? I am glad that you found me! I will check out your blog now!
      xx

      Delete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx