Thursday, 19 April 2012

Models Prefer Highlighter in Glitz & Glamour

Hey all, 

Highlighter and I haven't always been the best of friends; I have oily/combination skin and always thought that it would make me look like an oil slick, and a lot of it does. But out relationship is quickly changing, and highlighter is fast becoming my new best friend. Who doesn't want to look radiant and glowing when they have only had 3 hours sleep? 

I picked up this Models Prefer powder highlighter from Priceline the other week. I have always been pleasantly surprised by Models Prefer, so I figured that I would give it a try. 

It turns out that is a gorgeous blend of four shades that work perfectly with my skin tone; I'm in love with the formula as well. 


What I Love
- Gorgeous blend of shades for my skin tone. 
- Smooth, creamy and not at all chalky on my skin. 
- Not too much shimmer. 
- Doesn't make me look like a deep fryer. 
- Long-lasting and wears off evenly (no blotchy shimmer here). 
- Very reasonably priced!
- Sleek, simple packaging. 

What I Don't Love 
- This is just a personal mope moment - but I always get a little sad when the shades all start mix together 
:( 


Where to Buy: Priceline 


Price: $9.99

Swatches 

Without Flash 

The frist swatch is all four shades mixed together, and the rest are clockwise around the quad. 
With Flash 


I've been using this product almost everyday now. It's a gorgeous shade and works very well with my combination shade. I am definitely cheating myself to a glowing, restored self with this one! 

Definitely another Model's Prefer Success! 

Do you have a favourite drugstore powder highlighter? 

Hope you all have a great night! xx

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I haven't bought much Models Prefer, so you have definitely given me a reason to give the brand a go!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really great products, you should definitely give them a try! xx

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I've bought this buy haven't used it yet. I'll have to use it tomorrow! The colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really gorgeous! You will have to let me know what you think! xx

      Delete
  3. I need another powder highlighter, I am so dodgy at using up my liquid ones. This one is only $10, so that pretty much seals it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy powder highlighters more too. Definitely a lovely bargain! Let me know what you think love! xx

      Delete
  4. You've inspired me to check this out on my next Priceline visit! I have the same gripe about colours mixing together in packaging like this :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else feels the same way! Haha. xx

      Delete
  5. I would love to see photos of you wearing it! I've never used a highlighter before and I don't think I quite get how they work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely put some pics up for you! This has also given me an idea - perhaps I will write a ho-to highlight post! Thanks, xx.

      Delete
  6. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh. This is pretty. Is priceline only in au? I have never heard of it.
    Great reviews.

    New follower from the blog hope. Hope you will visit my blog and follow when you get the chance.
    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Priceline is an Australian store and I believe that Model's Prefer is only currently available at Priceline stores :(
      Thanks for following, hope you enjoy! xx

      Delete
  8. I'm similar with how I never thought I could wear highlighter, but have recently discovered just how much it can perk up my skin. And I agree - Models Prefer are a gem of a brand. I don't hear enough about them either. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really can do wonders for your complexion when you find one that works for you! I should be talking about Models Prefer a bit, haha! xx

      Delete

Hi lovelies!
Leave me a lil something, I appreciate all of my comments.
Leave the link to your blog as well, and I will try to check it out!
Sharleena xx